Drivers must pass all company and DOT requirements, including PSP report, DOT medical screen, pre-qualification drug screen and criminal background investigation.
Benefits vary by hiring agent.
Felony conviction: must be past 36 months if not currently on parole or probation
DUI conviction: must be past 60 months (commercial) 36 months (non-commercial)
Moving violations: no more than 4 in 36 months; 2 in the last 12 months
Preventable accidents: no more than 2 in 36 months; 1 in the last 12 months
Additional Company Info:
* Together, United Van Lines and Mayflower Transit represent both the largest and the best known van lines
- this means more customer recognition, and more business for us...and you
* We boast the largest "footprint"...with over 650 locations, in every state
- this means more selection for van operators to choose from among a variety of agents...all vying to create a great 'home' for van operators
* We boast large agent fleets in both HHG and Special Products. Also a Home Office fleet of contracted van operators. In addition to long haul, we have thousands of regional (shorter haul) van operators. In total, we have over 5,000 qualified van operators.
* We are the industry leader in innovation
* *Currently rolling out automated inventory application to all van operators, with both iOS and Android capability. Customers are thrilled with the professionalism and we think it will improve customer satisfaction and reduce claims
* *We were the first to convert shipment updating from clumsy and expensive invan units to smart phone/Skybitz combination...greatly reducing van operator costs
* *New DoD move management technology this year
* *New Universe (any to any) technology in the works
* We offer one-on-one FREE safety training to all van operators. Supported by eTraining available
* *Van operators earn $100 for every clean roadside inspection
* Monthly Safety conference calls to keep van operators up to date on regulatory issues, along with tips for saving money, increasing efficiency
* We continually seek creative solutions to problems the industry is facing
* Testing a HHG Express system to supplement traditional van operator capacity. Express to be operated by van operators